Wednesday 1 October 2014

Autumn/Winter skin care routine | Night (normal/dry)


After a long tiring day at work, I like to come home and light up a few candles, run my self a nice hot bubble bath, pop my hair up in a bun and try and relax as I do my skin care routine. After an 8 hour day at work, coming home and taking time to remove all my makeup can be a bit of a chore, but I have found the perfect formula that turns this boring old repetitive routine upside down and makes it an enjoyable, relaxing pamper evening, even if it only takes a few minutes. 

I start of by removing the majority of my makeup with the Garnier miceller water with a few Cotten pads, leaving the remover on my closed eyes for a few seconds and then gently wiping it away, circular movements seems to do the trick of getting the bulk removed. I also do the same steps for my face makeup. 

Then I move on to my cleanser, I usually like to splurge on this part to get a high quality high end cleanser. Only I feel this really makes a real difference on how good my skin is, so I have been using the Emma Hardie amazing face cleansing balm just to clean up any makeup I have missed and prep my skin ready for moisturising. 

About once or twice a week I like to treat myself to a face mask, and my absolute favourite is the Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea mud pack (which by the way is only £1 and can be used up to 10 times!) This mask just gets rid of any impurity so have and really gets deep down into my pores and gets all the rubbish out.

Onto moisturising, my number one night time moisturiser is the Sanctuary Spa night concentrate, I usually generously apply this to my face, neck and décolletage to keep my dry spots at bay and to prevent ageing.

As my last step I always finish off with a little bit of Simple eye cream and a smothering of Carmex lip balm all over my lips, got to keep everything moisturised and preventing a dry break out!

Hope you enjoyed my nightly skin care routine for autumn/winter
Post soon,
Danielle xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Haute of Danielle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig