Tuesday 7 January 2014

Review; Maybelline 24h colour tattoos





So as you may of noticed from yesterday's post my hair dye review didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to, so instead I thought I would do a review of one of my all time favorite products Maybelline 24h colour tattoos. I have a total of 6 in my collection (all bought with my own money) but I do believe they have a range of 8 different colours, give or take one or two. They retail at a price of £4.99 and they are very comparable to the Mac paint pots. The colour tattoos are a gel consistency so can be used as an eyeshadow or an eyeliner, as you can tell by the above photo they are very opaque and are very long lasting. I don't believe they are as long lasting as the 24 hours they claim to be but I have worn them for more than 9 hours before and they have stayed in place and not creased which is a plus. Onto the colours and my thoughts on them. (Starting from left to right)

- Metallic Pomegranite. This beautiful shimmering burgundy shade is a fab colour for the autumn/winter time either worn on its own or under eye shadows as a primer.

- Everlasting Navy. This is a colour that I save for special occasions only due to the fact that it's very hard to wear daily as it's rather dark for any day time look.

- Permanent Taupe. This is the only matte shade in my collection and the only matte shade in the full range, a pretty, opaque grey colour is very hard to wear and does make your eyes look a little tired only because it is matte but used as an eyeliner it really brightens up the last line.

- Eternal Gold. This is a beautiful gold shade as the name suggests, that makes your eyes sparkle on a special occasion.

- Pink Gold. Again this is one of my favorite colours as it's really easy to pull off on any eye colour and really holds any eyeshades.

- On and on Bronze. This is a cult beauty favorite including one of my own, it really makes it look like you have put a lot of effort into your makeup if you where this alone of with other eyeshadows. Deffinatly my most used shades.

All in all I love the colour tattoos and their great value for money. The majority of the shades are pretty wearable but there are a few bright exceptions that only the daring ones will wear! If your wanting to try the mac paint pots then I would highly recommend these first as they are very similar all round.

What do you think of the Maybelline colour tattoos?
Danielle xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Haute of Danielle. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig